ENVIRONMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF THE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The main aim of Kiviõli Keemiatööstus is the production of shale oil in an environmentally friendly manner according to the principles of best practices of occupational health and shale oil production.
To reach these aims, Kiviõli Keemiatööstus has implemented and developed a management system that involves the extraction of minerals and oil shale sales, the production and sale of oil products made from oil shale and the production of thermal energy and electricity, including sales of thermal energy.
MAIN PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:
- We constantly assess the environmental impact of our actions according to the conditions prescribed by environmental permits and the description of the best possible oil shale production technology in Estonia;
- We implement and apply modern technologies to reduce the environmental impact of our production processes;
- We involve our employees in creating a safer work environment;
- We implement and apply procedures to minimise the environmental effect of the technological and production processes;
- We develop and train our employees in matters of environment and occupational safety to control the internal and reduce external environmental aspects;
- We ensure that we and the people working for us know the requirements of occupational health and safety;
- We follow the legal and other requirements valid for the company activities;
- We work pursuant to a management system that meets the requirements of the international ISO 14001:2015 standard;
- We constantly analyse our activities and improve our actions based on the environmental monitoring results;
- We cooperate with state agencies, our suppliers and our clients to minimise the environmental aspect of the production process.